Investigators Found No Blood Evidence in Death of Pregnant Woman Jessie Davis

Authorities investigating the death of a pregnant woman found no blood in her bedroom or in the truck of the former police officer accused of killing her, experts testified Thursday.

Jay Spencer, a criminalist with the Canton-Stark County crime lab, testified no traces of blood or significant fingerprints were found in Jessie Marie Davis' bedroom, where investigators have said they found a mattress partially off the bed and a night stand and lamp had been knocked over.

Bobby Cutts Jr., the father of Davis' 2 1/2-year-old son and her unborn girl, is accused of strangling Davis and disposing of her body last June.

Chris Garnett, head of the evidence response team for the FBI's Cleveland office, said his team searched Davis' home, Cutts' Chevy Silverado pickup and a Saturn Ion belonging to Cutts' ex-wife. Garnett said they did not find any traces of blood in Cutts' truck, only a handful of mulch. A blood detecting agent and ultraviolet lights were used.

Authorities have said previously Cutts that sprayed the back of his truck at a service station after disposing of Davis' body. They've also said bleach was found on the flood of Davis' bedroom.

On Wednesday, those in the courtroom were stunned to hear a witness testify that Cutts said he was going to kill Davis and "throw her in the woods."

Cutts' friend Richard Mitchell said Cutts made the statement a month before Davis disappeared but he didn't think his friend was serious.

Mitchell testified that the defense team never asked and were never told about Cutts' threat. Under cross-examination by Cutts' attorneys, Mitchell admitted he never told investigators about the comment until they threatened him with obstruction of justice charges.

Defense attorneys have not challenged testimony from Cutts' friend Myisha Ferrell that he dumped Davis' body in the park about 20 miles from her northeast Ohio home. They say prosecutors have no evidence linking him to her killing.

Cutts, 30, could face the death penalty if convicted of aggravated murder in the death of Davis and her fetus. He has pleaded not guilty and resigned from his post as a Canton patrolman.

Prosecutors say Cutts was feeling the pressure of his crumbling marriage, financial debt and supporting several children.

Thousands searched for Davis in the area surrounding her home in the days she was missing after her death.

Jurors will likely hear from a medical examiner who was unable to determine how Davis died on Friday.