A nurse died two hours after giving birth when hospital workers accidentally connected an epidural anesthesia to her arm, instead of injecting it into her spine, an inquest into her death was told this week.

Mayra Cabrera, 30, moved to the U.K. from the Philippines in 2002, to begin work as a nurse at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon, according to a report from thisislondon.co.uk.

Click here to read the full story

When she went into labor on May 11, 2004 something went wrong. Shortly, after giving birth to baby Zac, Cabrera suffered a seizure and later died as the result of a heart attack.

An autopsy revealed she had died from a toxic dose of the epidural anesthesia. The coroner said experts found two other women had died in UK hospitals in the last decade as a result of the same mistake.

Cabrera's husband Arnel was initially told his wife had died because of a rare embolism. He learned the truth in 2005. The inquest into the death is continuing.