Welcome to the PC&G blog!
My name’s Liz, and I scour the Web for cool sites — not all of them make it into our weekly video package, so we’re posting them right here. I’ll post my finds daily.
Got something you think we should see? Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Monday April 30, 2007
• 20 Questions — It's a little creepy that a computer can guess what you're thinking 99 percent of the time. See if you can get it to guess Winona Ryder and let me know what happens.
• Family Feud — If you've got the time, sit down and play this one — the longer you do, the more addictive it becomes.
• Amazing Trees — This absolutely blew me away ... and its all REAL.
Friday April 27, 2007
It’s finally Friday! Yeah that and I’ve been lazy all day. Here's a few flash games that occupied my boredom. Enjoy your weekend!— Liz
• Sobics — This game is GREAT! But ... it kind of creeps me out that the character looks like a grown-up Teletubby.
• Addictive Games — I couldn't choose just one since they all had me mesmerized for hours. All the games are pretty simple, but check them out and let me know your favorites. Try your luck at dots, practice your paper tossing skills, learn to fly a helicopter or get lost in bubbles.
Thursday April 26, 2007
• Plinko — Anyone remember the game Plinko from "The Price is Right?" Yeah, it's an amazing game and here's a dumbed-down version for you to play at home. Bob Barker and cheesy prizes not included.
• Follow Matt — This has always been a favorite of mine, so if you haven't seen it, then check it out. If you have seen it, check back and see if Matt's moved since you've last seen him.
Suggested by Peter from Long Island:
• Virtual Barbershop — Put on a good pair of headphones (and I'm not talking about those flimsy ones that come with your iPod) and listen to this! It's very freaky, especially the part with the plastic bag.
Wednesday April 25, 2007
• The Littlest Ninja — This site has a fantastic flash game that will have you kicking ninja 'butt' in no time.
• Pin Up Girls — Boys don't get too excited — these pinups are all animated!
• Treadmill Stunts — Agree with me or not, but with all that hockey gear this couldn't have hurt ... that much.
Tuesday April 24, 2007
• Wanted: Dead or Alive — The Bon Jovi reference had to be made— check out this site, you'll see how fitting it is.
• Crazy Claymation — Check out "Metamutograpy" by Miles Kalbach. It's so awesome— he even composed his own music!
Suggested by Nicole from New Jersey:
• Smarter Than a 5th Grader? — I guess I'm not, but at least I'm honest about it! Take this quiz and tell me how you measure up. NO CHEATING— I could have made myself feel good by "googling" all the answers, but then I'd have to go sleep at night knowing I'm a fraud.
Monday April 23, 2007
• Chasing the White Rabbit — I'm a huge fan of photographer Annie Leibovitz's work ... and really, who doesn't love the psychedelic tale of "Alice in Wonderland"? Check out this awesome high fashion rendition of the fairy tale classic.
Suggested by Ninou from New Jersey:
• Dante's Inferno — Ever wonder what level of hell you'd be in? Yeah, me too. They put me in Level Two, but I may need to re-take this one. I think their calculations were off! Send me your results— high fives for the first person to be damned to Level Nine.
Suggested by Sean from Las Vegas, Nev.:
• No Mercy — Possibly the dumbest stunt I've ever seen — these guys are awesome... and fully trained, so DO NOT try this at home! Thanks Sean, great find.
Friday April 20, 2007
• Downward Spiral — Since rotten.com is so disgusting, I decided to do the dirty work for those of you with a weak stomach. Unlike most of their other stories that revolve around some sort of decaying corpse and other morbid curiosities, this jewel features one woman's demise from a wide-eyed teenager to a hideous beast— all documented through her mug shots.
• Knuckle Tats — I always thought knuckle tattoos could be a little scary, or intimidating to say the least. (No offense to those that have them.) But boy, was I wrong! This site's dedicated to those with lots of ink on their hands (a.k.a 4" x 4" or 8" across) and the stories behind them. It's really fascinating— a few even heart wrenching.
• Animator vs. the Animation — The title says it all! The beginning of the site is a little slow, but keep watching— it's very cool.
Thursday April 19, 2007
• The Minister's Wife — One widow gets the shock of her life due to this botched e-mail. Let me know what your thoughts are— is this real or not?.
Wednesday April 18, 2007
• Exotic Guitars — Here you'll find one-of-a-kind handcrafted guitars that are a pure work of art; musical experience not included.
• Ad Reality — Commercials always make things look better -- pretty much what a commercial's purpose is! But finally, here's a site that exposes the harsh reality behind the commercial. Beware: You may want to skip your fast food lunch after looking at this site.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
• Tiny Mixed Tapes — If you love music, then you will love this site; its got the latest news from a variety of different genres. Best feature is… the “mix tapes” generator. Give them an idea of what you want to listen to — i.e “music to walk through the rain in” — and their mixed tapes ‘robots’ will generate a play list for you. Be patient cause it takes awhile — since the robots are not on call 24/7.
• Block Posters — If you have enough money to waste on ink, then this site is for you. Create your own over-sized posters with any image you choose.
• Skateboarding Trick — Another great one from break.com ... and let me just say, I hope this guy was wearing a cup. Ouch!
• Wee World — Create a "Wee" environment for you and your friends. It's a complete knock-off of "Mii" on Nintendo's Wii, but still very fun!
Monday, April 16, 2007
• Cubic Eggs — Why someone even wants a square hard-boiled egg is beyond me ... but according to the video demonstration, it alters its taste.
• Bloody Bess Bonney — That's my pirate name! To find out what yours is, fill out this simple quiz, and be sure to send me the results! Arrrgh.
• Paintings, Bruce Lee Style — I don't care what anyone else says — this guy is talented!
• The Intelligence Test — Be careful and take your time, because some of these questions are not as simple as they appear to be. I got nine out of 11 right, making me an honor student! As a bonus, it predicts your love life; mine's expected to bloom any minute now.
Friday, April 13, 2007
YIPPEE — it's Friday! I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today, so here' s a few of my all-time favorite sites!
• Home Star Runner — This site is sarcasm and animation at its finest. If you haven't already seen it, then you absolutely must go directly to the site ... right now! Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to Homestarrunner.com. If you have seen it, then check it out again. It's updated more often then you would think. Check out "Strong Bad E-mail" and "Teen Girl Squads" ... they're AWESOME!
• Funny Money — Now I'm sure we've all seen this, but I'm bringing it back! These two girls are CLASSICS ... well that, and the fact that I spent my entire college career laughing at them (told you I was feeling nostalgic.) So check it out, and keep an eye on the one to the right!
• Most Dangerous Highways — Wow, and I thought my drive to work was bad! Check out these crazy pics of the world’s most dangerous highways.
• Game Fudge — Sounds like a tasty afternoon snack, but don’t bite too hard on this one — it's sure to break your teeth! (I admit that was lame, but come on — the name of the site is Game Fudge!) This is an awesome Flash game site — my favorite is by far is Bloons, but play them all and let me know what you like best.
Suggested by Jason from Brooklyn:
• L.A.S.E.R. Tag — Graffiti junkies will LOVE this! I hate to admit it, but I really didn’t get it … AT FIRST. (Brad — thanks for the explanation!) Now, it all makes sense and I realize it's very cool. Have fun!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
• Scary Mary — A great remix of the Disney classic Mary Poppins. I always knew there was something creepy about her ... I mean, really, anyone who flies into town on an umbrella has gotta have some issues.
• Sad Kermit — This is the saddest site I’ve ever seen, but don’t get me wrong… it's also completely genius. I just think my love for Kermit is holding me back from seeing him as a hard-core drug addict. Oh Kermy, stay strong!
• MyToons — MIND BLOWING! It’s like YouTube, but for animations … and let me tell you, these artists are amazing.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
• Topless Sandals — Yes, sandals without straps. It’s an interesting idea, but I feel like it takes away the essence of a true flip-flop … you know, the ones that actually make flip-flopping noises when you walk!
• Rag Doll — This is slightly sadistic, but very fun. Use the arrow keys to dodge the spikes and keep the "rag doll" from getting pummeled.
Monday, April 9, 2007
• Shoe Museum — It’s official, I have a shoe fetish! (check out “Freaky Foot Wear” on April 4!)
• Monty Python – and the Holy Grail … in LEGOS! Enough said.
• Scarlett Johansson is Hot — Do I have your attention yet?
Friday, April 6, 2007
• Television Toons — Relive your childhood and catch up on all your favorite TV theme songs from the past, including “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “Magnum PI,” “Thunder Cat,” “The Facts of Life,” and my all time personal favorite, “Fraggle Rock.”
• Beatboxing Bananza — Absolutely AMAZING. This guy’s got skills, and an interesting way of doing things.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
• Kongregate.com — It’s the YouTube for Flash games, and its completely addictive! Try your hand at “Bowmaster Prelude." But, be careful — sometimes you have to shoot them more than once; those pesky knights have a tendency to revive themselves.
• Sexy Charlie Sheen! — Take a look at this gallery of Photoshop-ed pics, My favorites were the random celebrity pics, which I’d tell you more about, but I don’t want to give it away.
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
• Freaky Footwear — I love shoes just as much as anyone (yes you could call it a fetish), but some of these are just a little to strange ... even for me.
• Crying While Eating — This is a classic, and it’s been updated — SWEET! My favorite is still Christopher (just thinking about it makes me laugh), and, of course, Homer (my dear sweet Pinchy.)
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
• Odd Animals — I love animals, of course, but some of these are down right FREAKY! Especially the featherless chickens!
• eBay Yourself – One Aussie life for sale! Includes everything but the accent! The bidding's over, but check it out — it’s an interesting story.
• Customized Chucks — Design your own pair of Converse sneakers!
Monday, April 2, 2007
• Searching With K-Fed — Yes, someone was dumb enough to give K-Fed his own search engine. It works exactly like all the others — i.e. Yahoo and Google — but it’s 10 times SEXIER. You even get the chance to win a prize from Federline himself. Didn't you always want an autographed T-shirt with his mug on it ... or better yet an invite to his birthday bash?
• Don’s Guns — This might be the CREEPIEST ad I’ve ever seen. Pay close attention to the end because Don’s laugh is HYSTERICAL.
• Cliff Yablonski Hates You — This site is classic and hilarious, but hasn’t been updated in a while, which I’m sad about. Join me in e-mailing Cliff, to tell him to resume the madness!
Friday, March 30, 2007
• Abandoned But Not Forgotten — Hundreds of photos from abandoned places, all across the globe. My favorite BY FAR is the abandoned village in Italy.
• The Egg Song — This site is the best thing I’ve seen in a while ... and for once, I’m completely speechless. Take a look, 'cause this will BLOW YOUR MIND.
• Fish N’ Flush — I didn’t believe it at first either, but the product actually transforms your toilet into a fish tank!
Suggested by Mike from Long Island:
• Two-Pound Bar of Chocolate — This video proves that booze and boredom (in no particular order) can lead to some pretty painful activity.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
• What’s Your Name? MC Rove! — Bound to become a new classic!
• Trapped in the Drive-Thru — It's the latest video from Weird Al Yankovic! It’s pretty long (clocking in at 11 minutes and 7 seconds) but its well worth it if you’ve got the time … and I suggest you make it.
• Better Than Britney — Here's a site featuring eight actresses that look better than bald Britney. Even Jane Curtin from “Coneheads” looks better than Britney!
e-mail me with YOUR favorite sites!