Firefighters Rescue Woman Stuck in Chimney

No, it wasn't Santa Claus.

A 19-year-old Maryland woman got stuck in a two-story chimney about 12:20 a.m. Monday at her father's tire shop on Bladensburg Road, apparently because she had locked her wallet and keys inside.

Prince George's County firefighters were called to the scene by the woman's boyfriend. They found the teenager stuck 14 feet inside the chimney.

Firefighters placed a stool under the woman's dangling feet to provide support. They then removed part of a wall and began chiseling away at pieces of the chimney until the opening was large enough to safely pull her out.

The woman was evaluated by paramedics and taken to the hospital as a precaution.