Two boys setting cockroaches on fire for fun burned down their grandparents' Pompano Beach home. No one was hurt in the blaze.

City spokeswoman Sandra King said the boys, 8 and 10 years old, were having a sleepover at their grandparents' home when they decided to use rubbing alcohol and a lighter to set cockroaches they saw in their room on fire.

The boys woke up their grandparents after a bed caught on fire and the blaze spread throughout the house.

The Red Cross temporarily placed the family at a hotel.

The boys were to attend the Broward Sheriff's Office Fire-Starter prevention and education program.