Spice up your tailgating party with Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Theismann and pitmaster Chris Lilly's mouth-watering meats on behalf of Kingsford charcoal!
Smoked Chicken with Alabama White Sauce
Created by champion pitmaster Chris Lilly on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
Expert's Note: Southerners like their food with a little (or a lot) of spice and Alabama is no exception. Chicken breasts are brined, smoked and dunked into a tangy, peppery Alabama white sauce. This multi-step process insures moistness of the meat and a complex layered flavor.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour for marinade
Cook time: 12 minutes
8 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 cup water
1 cup apple juice
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Alabama White Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a medium bowl add brine ingredients and mix well. Place chicken breasts in brine and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove chicken breasts from brine and wipe off excess salt.
2. In a small bowl add Alabama white sauce ingredients and mix well.
3. Preheat charcoal grill to 400 degrees F. Place chicken breasts on hot grate over direct heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove chicken breasts from grill when golden brown and firm to the touch. The internal temperature of the chicken breasts should be 160 degrees F.
4. Submerge each chicken breast into a bowl of Alabama white sauce. Remove from sauce and serve.
Luck O’ the Irish Lamb Chops with minty Hidden Valley® Ranch Dipping Sauce
Created by football analyst, world championship quarterback and restaurateur
Joe Theismann on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 rack of lamb, cut into 8 chops
Juice of half a lime
2 cups plain yogurt, drained
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1 packet Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dips Mix
1. Combine the spices in a small bowl and then rub half over the lamb chops. Turn over the lamb chops and rub in the other half of the spice mix.
2. To grill the chops, prepare a charcoal grill and place each of the chops on the hot grill grate, directly over the coals. Grill for 4 minutes and turn each over and grill for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest. Squeeze the lime juice over the lamb chops and serve with the dipping sauce.
3. To make the dipping sauce, combine the drained yogurt, mint and Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dips Mix and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Place a dollop of the dip on each plate of lamb chops.