A self-proclaimed pedophile who posted pictures of little girls on his "how-to" Web site was barred by court order Friday from having any contact with a child within the entire state of California, FOXNews.com has learned.
At a morning hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court, a judge ordered a temporary restraining order against 45-year-old Jack McClellan, a self-proclaimed pedophile who earlier this week appeared on Fox News to defend his actions and declare that he would have sexual relations with a child — as young as 3 — if it was legal.
The three-page restraining order, which prevents McClellan from having contact with a child under 18, was sought by Valencia attorneys Richard Patterson and Anthony Zinnanti, who also are fathers of young children.
Specific conditions of the order state that McClellan must keep 10 yards away from any minor at all times. In addition, he may not contact children by phone, mail or e-mail.
"We're firmly convinced that he creates a clear and present danger and a risk to our daughters and to the children in this community, and he stated that he's coming back," Patterson earlier told ABC7.com.
McClellan did not show up for Friday's hearing and must be served with the order if he is in California, a court official told FOXNews.com.
McClellan maintains that he's done nothing wrong.
"All I can say is I've done nothing illegal since I've been here in California, the whole state. My conscience is clear. I'm just going to keep on keeping on what I'm doing, obeying the law," he said.
McClellan has insisted he never was sexually abused as a child and said he created the Web site to promote association, friendship and legal, consensual cuddling between men and pre-pubescent girls, he said.
Earlier this week McClellan defended his right to post pictures of little girls, telling FOX News he was considering a lawsuit against the Santa Monica, Calif., police department for posting his picture on their Web site after he recently surfaced there.
Santa Monica police "questioned me last week in a restaurant, and right before they left one of the officers asked if they could take my picture," he said.
"I figured this might be beneficial if a child is sexually assaulted in Santa Monica — they could just pull that out and immediately eliminate me as a suspect," he said.
"I had previously explained to him my concerns about all the threats and everything and it didn't even enter my mind that they would immediately turn around and put this out as some kind of a sex offender notification. ... It was on the Internet the very next day."
Warnings that McClellan had surfaced in Santa Monica spread like wildfire, with several posting his mug shot along with descriptions of his car — a Blue 1993 Ford Escort two-door with Washington license plate — and even hourly postings of sightings throughout Santa Monica.
But Capt. Joe Gutierrez, commanding officer of the Special Victims Bureau of the L.A. County Sheriff's Office, told FOX News that complaints against McClellan were evaluated and he has not committed any crimes.
"Several citizens contacted us about his Web site," Gutierrez said. "There's no current criminal investigation."
McClellan ran the Web site “Seattle-Tacoma-Everett Girl Love” from where he lived in Washington state, until it was shut down by its hosting company after widespread public outrage, which grew so great McClellan felt forced to flee the state.
Wearing his trademark dark sunglasses during his interview with FOX News, McClellan faced Ron Tebo, a father who created the Web site www.jackmcclellan.com to counter the self-proclaimed pedophile's actions and "take traffic away."
In a dramatic on-air confrontation, Tebo pressed McClellan to respond to allegations that he was still taking pictures of children.
"I don't do it anymore," McClellan said, adding that his latest Web site no longer was available online.
Appearing earlier in the day on "The Morning Show With Mike & Juliet," McClellan made this startling admission:
"I got to be honest with you — if it was legal and if it was a completely consensual thing, I could see myself taking it all the way to a sexual" level.
McClellan has never been convicted of a sex crime, and police say they have had no legal grounds on which to shut down any of his Web sites because the content and photos posted on them haven't been pornographic.
“My primary physical and emotional attraction is to pre-pubescent girls,” he said on the FOX morning show on Tuesday.
FOX News first interviewed McClellan in March, when he still was in Washington.
“I guess the main thing is I just think they’re cute, a lot cuter than women,” he said then. “I admit there is kind of an erotic arousal there.”
"I really think a lot of this pedophilia hysteria is overblown. I think there are a lot of people like me,” McClellan told FOX News in March. “They have the attraction but they're not going to do anything physical because of the laws. It just makes me happy to attend these events."
Said lawyer-dad Zinnanti: “It's not OK to go out and put those images on the Internet. It's a blatant violation of the law.”