We're firing up the grill with Great Scott from Le Petit Chateau in New Jersey!
• Marinated Grilled Chicken with Peaches and Onions
Yield: 4 chickens
4 pieces of chicken
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup olive oil
juice of 2 lemons
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: grated ginger
1. In a 1/4 qt of water, add 2 tbsp salt and dissolve. Add fresh chicken, and store overnight.
Note: This will enable to seasoned water to penetrate into the chicken.
2. Remove and tap dry chicken from brine (salt water solution) solution.
3. In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic, dijon, lemon juice and thyme, mix together, and add chicken. Marinade for upto 6 hours to allow acid of the lemon juice to penetrate into the chicken and to flavor the product.
Note: All marinades should have an acid otherwise it's used an antioxidant.
4. When ready to grill, add salt & pepper to taste and place on grill.
Note: It is not necessary to add salt and pepper to the marinade as it doesn't dissolve in oil, so it's best season the meat just before grilling/cooking it.
5. If your using an electric grill, I like to get the grill marks from the grill then transfer it to an electric skillet so that it cooks throughout and doesn't burn the outside alone.
Accompaniments: Grilled peaches and skewered onions
Pick firm peaches and slice. Lightly oil the slices and put on hot grill, score, turn, and serve immediately.
Note: the grill will bring out the natural sugars of the peach.
Onions: clean, cut and place on skewers. Brush with olive oil, season and slowly grill. Remove when colored and soft, which brings out the natural sugars and is the perfect accompaniment with your marinated chicken.
— For more information, visit: www.GreatScottChef.com