BRISBANE, Australia – Australian police launched fresh raids Friday in connection with the failed terrorist plot in Britain, seizing computer files and other material from two hospitals in western Australia, the federal police chief said.
Australian Federal Police Commissioner Mick Keelty said computers taken from the hospitals, in the Western Australia state capital of Perth and the Outback mining town of Kalgoorlie, had come into contact with a suspect in the plot arrested in Australia earlier this week.
He said the investigation in Australia — which started with the arrest on Monday of Indian doctor Muhammad Haneef in Queensland state — had also widened to a third state, New South Wales.
• Get complete coverage in FOXNews.com's War on Terror Center.
"There are a number of people now being interviewed as part of this investigation, it doesn't mean that they're all suspects but it is quite a complex investigation and the links to the U.K. are becoming more concrete," Keelty told reporters in Canberra, the national capital.
Those being interviewed included foreign doctors of Indian background, he said.
There had been no arrests in addition to Haneef, Keelty said.
The questioning Friday was "to gather evidence or gather information about the network, about who is linked to who, and who, if in fact if anybody, has committed any criminal offense."
Visit FOXNews.com's War on Terror Center for complete coverage.