These ingredients sound so good they could be made into a cocktail! Great Scott whips up a new, fresh spring salad that will have everyone's mouth watering at your next barbeque!
• Chilled Shrimp with Mango, Cucumber, Cilantro and Mint
10 each 16/20 (pieces per pound) cooked shrimp
4 oz of sea salt (for water)
Juice of 2 lemons
2 oz. olive oil (not extra virgin)
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 bunch of mint cleaned and dried
1 bunch cilantro cleaned and dried
1 English cucumber seeded and diced ¼ inch
1 mango peeled and diced
1. Bring one gallon salted sea water to boil. Add shrimp, cover and turn off heat. Stir once, cover for 30 seconds, and remove shrimp from boiled water, and put in ice water.
2. After shrimp cools, dry with paper towels, as to not dilute the marinade that you will be adding.
3. Dice shrimp into quarter inch pieces. Reserve in mixing bowl.
4. Juice lemons and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper, fold into shrimp to desired taste. Season and add cilantro and mint.
5. Peel cucumber, seed, and dice. Peel mango and dice. Mix equal parts of cucumber and mango together. Add citrus olive oil and reserve until needed.
6. Place ring mold on plate and fill half way with shrimp. Top ring with diced cucumber and mango. Garnish with mint.
— For more information, visit: www.GreatScottChef.com