7 things your cell phone can do that you didn't know it could!
• 1-888-FRUCALL: If you're in a store and you want to know if you're getting a good deal, call this number and enter the product bar code. For free, it'll tell you what you're looking at and what online merchants are selling it for.
• 112: Emergency dialing, even if your phone is out of service range or the keypad is locked.
• 1-866-411-SONG: If you're listening to the radio and a song comes on that you can't ID, call this number and hold your cell phone up to the radio. The company will send you a text message with the band and song name. It's free at first, but then you get charged.
• GOOGL: Send a text message to GOOGL (46645) with a search query, like "Chinese restaurants, Times Square" or "Weather 11215" or "Define existential" and you'll get a free text message right back from the search company.
• 1-800-555-TELL: Much like the Google service, except it's with voice not text. Call the number and you'll be walked through menus from which you can access sports scores, business listings, stock quotes and more.
• Popularity Dialer: popularitydialer.com. This is more for kicks. Let's say you've got a meeting coming up that you know you'll want to be distracted from or a date you know you'll want to break off early. You can schedule this service to call you at a pre-planned time. A male or female voice (your choice) will come on the time and start talking, like it's a real friend or a real interruption.
• 1-800-FREE-411: Free directory assistance. You have to listen to an advertisement, but at least you don't have to pay $1 or $1.50 for every call.