Texas Police Probe Alleged Abduction of 2 Women Found After Being Missing for 3 Days

Texas police on Wednesday were investigating who may have abducted two Dallas-area women who were missing for three days.

Bryshada Ward, 17, and her 20-year-old cousin, Sasha Abney, made a frantic phone call for help Saturday night when they vanished. They were found safe Tuesday night.

Police said the incident is being treated as criminal investigation. The Mesquite Police Department is leading that investigation.

"We have no indication that any of this is untrue. We're investigating it as a crime, as they reported it," Terrell Police Department Captain Arley Sanson told FOX News on Wednesday. "Apparently they left to go to the movies, they had car trouble, and they were abducted at gunpoint."

One of the missing girls left a phone message begging for help on a friend's answering machine early Sunday morning, the Terrell Tribune reported. Police traced the girl's cell phone to being used 24 times over a nine-hour period in several locations, including Dallas, Mesquite and Terrell, according to KDFW.

But Sanson told FOX News the last call the women made was at 4:11 p.m. Saturday.

The women say they were kidnapped by two Saturday evening on their way to a movie theater when their car broke down.

The father of one of the women told KDFW they had cuts and bruises on their bodies, and that they were both physically assaulted.

"They were injured and they were treated for their injuries and they have been reunited with their families," Sanson told FOX News.

A neighbor of the women contacted police Tuesday, saying she remembered hearing screams around the same time the girls went missing, reported KDFW.

"She was certainly screaming and she was certainly asking for help ... we're going to see if we can get to get to the bottom of it," Sanson said earlier.

A helicopter, police teams and search dogs scoured a north Dallas neighborhood Tuesday afternoon, but the search was called off around 6 p.m., the Tribune reported. The women turned up at a Shell gas station in Lampasas County about 150 miles from where they were last seen and called police later in the evening.