Great Scott honored last year's Breakfast with 'FOX & Friends' sweepstakes winner, Aaron Fortson, with a breakfast fit for a celebrity!
• Blueberry Muffins
Yield: 8-12 muffins (depending on how big you make them)
6 oz. all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 oz. butter
3 oz. confectioner’s sugar
pinch of salt
¼ cup milk
4 oz. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Mix all purpose flour and baking powder together.
2. Using a electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter, sugar, and salt until light, creamy, and smooth on a medium speed.
3. Slowly add eggs to creamy mixture on a low speed.
4. Add milk alternating with the dry ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Either grease the muffin tins or use paper liners. Pour the muffin batter in to each tin. Be sure not to fill to the top as the muffins will rise as it bakes.
6. Bake at 400 degrees until top is light brown or about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, and let the muffins cool in the pan and remove.
8. Serve warm or completely cooled.
Optional: to use blueberry butter spread on muffin.
• Compote of Hard Boiled Egg With Chive Cream and Smoked Salmon
2 oz. butter
1 bunch chopped chives
2 oz. chopped smoked salmon
1 Tablespoon sour cream
4 oz. heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring Eggs to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and cool. Cut top off of eggs & pour out in to a bowl.
2. Chop up eggs and add butter, half of chives, chopped smoked salmon, sour cream, and salt & pepper to taste. Fill egg mixture into each egg shell.
3. Whip heavy cream in a bowl and add rest of chives to cream. Put chive whipped cream on top of each egg. Garnish with salmon and chives.
4. Serve with toast points.
• Pancakes with Apple Compote
Apple Compote Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 oz. butter
1 teaspoon canola oil
4 oz. champagne vinegar
3 oz. honey
1. Core 4 apples, peel, and slice thin.
2. Heat sauté pan. Toss apples with sugar and carefully place in preheated sauté pan. Toss apples in pan until all sides are brown & add canola oil.
3. Add champagne vinegar and reduce by half.
4. Add honey and let gain heat.
5. Add butter and fold.
6. Remove from heat and keep warm to serve.
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
4 Tablespoons melted butter
1 ¼ cup milk
1. Mix liquid ingredients quickly in to dry ingredients.
2. Pour approximately 3-4 oz. of pancake mixture on to pan or griddle and sear on medium heat.
3. Add warm apples to pancake and roll.
4. Top with heated syrup and serve.
— For more information, visit: www.greatscottchef.com