Florida Man: Chicken Burrito Paralyzed Me

Published March 01, 2007

| Associated Press

A man who can no longer feed himself said an uncooked chicken burrito put him in a wheelchair.

Roger Anderson said he ate the burrito at a Moe's Southwest Grill in Land O' Lakes in September. He says he soon became sick with stomach cramps, diarrhea and joint pains.

The burrito caused a bacterial infection, which led to a disease that affects the body's nerves, Anderson's attorney said.

Anderson and his wife filed a lawsuit against Tampa-based GCF Ventures LLC, which operates the restaurant.

The company said all of its employees are trained in safe food handling and preparation practices, and the restaurant is regularly checked by health inspectors.

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/03/01/florida-man-chicken-burrito-paralyzed-me