NEW YORK – Dethroned Miss Nevada USA Katie Rees says she was devastated when provocative photos of her partying and posing in various stages of undress emerged on the Internet.
Miss USA officials, including billionaire developer Donald Trump, last month stripped Rees of her tiara and the chance to compete in the national pageant after the photos appeared.
"When I saw them I was just devastated," the 22-year-old aspiring actress tells the TV show "Inside Edition" in an interview to air Monday. "I was shocked. I'm not proud at all, but what is done is done, and all I can do is move forward."
"We were just out being goofy girls and celebrating," she says. "We had a few drinks, which I don't condone, but we were just having a good time."
Rees, who claims she did not remember taking the photos, says they predated her reign as Miss Nevada. She won the crown at the pageant last April.
While Miss USA Tara Conner was given a second chance by Trump, Rees says she was treated unfairly.
"These are things that I didn't do during my reign as Miss Nevada," she claims. "These are things that were done three years prior to knowing that I would be a public figure."
"I deserved that title," she continues. "I deserved everything that it embodies and I worked hard for it. I don't see why these pictures change the person that I was when I won it."
So what became of her crown and banner, which Rees says she was asked to send back?
"They got lost," she says.