Clashes and a suicide bombing killed four militants and injured five U.S.-led coalition soldiers in southern Afghanistan, the coalition said Monday.

A suicide bomber rammed his vehicle into a U.S.-led coalition convoy east of Kandahar city on Monday, wounding two coalition soldiers, a coalition military statement said. Two vehicles also were damaged.

On Sunday, the U.S.-led coalition troops used airstrikes during clashes with suspected militants in Kandahar's Sperwan Ghar district, leaving four insurgents dead and three soldiers wounded, the military said.

The troops, operating alongside the Afghan army, also seized weapons caches containing mines and explosives, the statement said.

Click here to go to FOXNews.com's Afghanistan Center.

The military did not disclose the nationalities of the wounded soldiers, but most of the troops serving with the coalition are American.

While NATO took over command of some 32,800 personnel earlier this year, about 8,000 U.S. troops continue to work independently on anti-terror operations throughout the country.

In the east, U.S.-led and Afghan troops early Monday detained 10 suspected insurgents, including "a known transporter of weapons and explosives" with links to movements of foreign fighters in the region, a coalition statement said. It did not identify any of the suspects.

No one was wounded during the operation in the village of Qazian in eastern Kunar province, it said.

Militant supporters of the former Taliban regime have stepped up their insurgency in southern Afghanistan this year. Allied fighters with links to Al Qaeda are believed to operate in eastern mountains bordering Pakistan.