DURHAM, N.C. – The woman who said she was raped after performing as a stripper at a Duke lacrosse team party was clearly impaired and "talking crazy" afterward, the second dancer at the party said in an interview broadcast Monday.
"The trip in that car from the house went from happy to crazy," Kim Roberts told ABC News. "I tried all different ways to get through to her."
Roberts, the so-called second dancer who has previously called the rape allegations a "crock," said she left the party with the accuser and drove her to the parking lot of a nearby grocery store. Unable to get the accuser to leave her car, Roberts said she pushed on the accuser's arm and leg to try and force her out.
At that point, Roberts said, the accuser said: "'Go ahead, go ahead. Put marks on me. Go ahead. That's what I want. Go ahead.'
"And, it chilled me to the bone," she said.
While Roberts said she feels that detail should be considered at trial, she is worried it will lead people to make a rush to judgment about what happened at the party.
"It's going to solidify their opinions so much, that they're not going to want to hear the other aspects of the case, which I think are just as important," she said, adding, "It's going to make people not listen to any other part of the story."
The accuser, a student at North Carolina Central University, told police she was raped in a bathroom by three men at a March 13 off-campus team party. A grand jury later indicted three players with rape, kidnapping and sexual offense; all three have strongly declared their innocence.
In April, Roberts told The Associated Press she was not in the bathroom and therefore couldn't say if a rape occurred, but said those at the party were guilty of something than underage drinking. In her single police interview, Roberts said the rape allegations were a "crock" and that she was with the accuser the entire time they were at the party, according to documents filed by the defense.
Roberts has since said the two women were separated at various points during the party.
Meanwhile, District Attorney Mike Nifong, who is prosecuting the case, said Monday that he is comfortable with nearly all the decisions he has made and confident about taking the case to trial.
"I think that I have a responsibility to prosecute this case," Nifong said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I think that really nothing about my view of the case and my view of how the case ultimately needs to be handled has been affected by any of the things that have occurred."
Nifong is running for election against two challengers who have attacked his handling of the case.
In the early days of the case, Nifong granted numerous newspaper and TV interviews, at one point calling the players "hooligans" and declaring that DNA would identify the guilty. DNA failed to connect the players to the accuser.
Nifong said Monday that granting so many interviews was his only regret.
"You do the best you can based on what you have," he said. "You can always second-guess an investigation."
Nifong declined to comment on Monday's interview with Roberts.
Last week, Nifong admitted in a court hearing that he still hasn't interviewed the accuser about the facts of the case, leaving that to police. Roberts attorney told ABC she has not spoken with the police since an initial interview in March, and never with Nifong. She's not sure if she will be called as a witness at a trial, which isn't expected to start until spring.
"Because ... so much of (the accuser's) statement differs from mine ... I might not help the prosecution at all as a witness," Roberts said.