Some of the deadliest plane crashes in the past two years:
1. Oct. 29, 2006: A Nigerian ADC Airlines plane carrying 104 people crashed shortly after taking off during a storm in Abuja. Six people survived, but the others were feared dead.
2. Sept. 29, 2006: A Gol Airlines flight crashed in the Brazilian jungle after clipping a private jet, killing all 154 people aboard.
3. Aug. 22, 2006: A Russian Pulkovo Airlines jetliner returning from the Black Sea resort of Anapa crashed in Ukraine during a thunderstorm, killing all 170 people on board.
4. July 9, 2006: A Russian S7 airliner crashed while landing on a wet runway in the Siberian city of Irkutsk and burst into flames, killing 124 people.
5. May 3, 2006: An Armenian Armavia airliner crashed in the Black Sea while trying to land in the Russian resort city of Sochi in rough weather, killing all 113 people aboard.
6. Dec. 6, 2005: A C-130 military transport carrying Iranian journalists crashed into a building in a Tehran suburb as the pilot attempted an emergency landing, killing 115 people — 94 in the plane and 21 on the ground.
7. Dec. 10, 2005: A Nigerian Sosoliso Airlines jet crashed in Port Harcourt, killing 107 people, most of them schoolchildren.
8. Oct. 22, 2005: A Nigerian Bellview Airlines jetliner crashed shortly after takeoff from Lagos, killing all 117 people aboard.
9. Sept. 5, 2005: An Indonesian Mandala Airlines jetliner crashed into a crowded neighborhood moments after takeoff, killing 143 people — 99 on the plane and 44 on the ground.
10. Aug. 16, 2005: A West Caribbean Airways charter jet crashed in Venezuela, killing 160 people, most of them tourists from Martinique.
11. Aug. 14, 2005: A Helios Airways flight from Larnaca, Cyprus, to Athens crashed into a hillside outside Athens, killing 121 people.
12. Feb. 3, 2005: An Afghan Kam Air plane crashed in the mountains in bad weather, killing 104 people.