The Great Scott drops by with this delicious recipe that is sure to tempt your taste buds!
Seared Tuna with Cumin, Curry and Coriander with Wasabi Mayonnaise and Wonton Crisp
Yields 2 portions or 10 hors d'oeuvres
14 oz. center cut Sushi Grade Tuna A
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Curry
1 Tbsp Coriander
Sea Salt (to taste)
Ground White Pepper (to taste)
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
Pinch of Wasabi (Japanese horseradish)
1 wonton skin per hors d'oeuvre
1 Cilantro sprig
1. Add cumin, curry, & coriander together and season with salt & pepper and set aside.
2. Trim tuna into 2" blocks and coat with oil.
3. Add into the cumin, curry, coriander mixture & place back into oil.
4. Put sauté pan on fire and let it gain high heat.
5. Add seasoned tuna to pan & sear on each side to desired doneness.
6. Remove tuna & bake wonton wrapper & set aside until cool.
7. Arrange mayonnaise with pinch of Wasabi on top of wrapper.
8. Slice tuna to desired thickness & set atop of Wasabi-mayo.
9. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprig.