Israeli warplanes attacked a village in eastern Lebanon and the edge Palestinian refugee camp Monday leaving two people dead and nine wounded, security officials said. Airstrikes continued until about 15 minutes before a cease-fire went into effect at 8 a.m. (0500 GMT).

One of the raids hit an office of the pro-Syrian Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General-Command on the edge of the Ein el-Hilweh refugee camp in the southern city of Sidon. One person, a garbage collector, was killed and three civilians who live near the office were wounded, security officials said.

Earlier, Israeli missiles slammed into a minibus on the outskirts of the Hezbollah stronghold of Baalbek, where one policeman was killed and six Lebanese soldiers were wounded, security officials said.

CountryWatch: Israel | Lebanon | Syria | Iran

Click here for the latest in Mideast Coverage

About 15 minutes before the cease-fire took effect, Israeli airstrikes destroyed an antenna for Hezbollah's Al-Manar television, in the Mount Lebanon village of Kaifoun, 12 kilometers (9 miles) southeast of Beirut.

Meanwhile, the Israeli military dropped leaflets on central Beirut, warning that it would "return and act with the required force against any terrorist act that is launched from Lebanon against the State of Israel."

Two more Israeli airstrikes hit the Bekaa Valley village of Brital late Sunday, killing at least eight people and wounding nearly two dozen, a civil defense official said. Among the eight dead was a child, whose body was found Monday. Civil defense workers were trying to haul out some of the rubble of a flattened house, in order to reach the body.

The raids destroyed three houses in Brital, about 15 kilometers (9 miles) from Baalbek, civil defense official Ali Shukur said. More people were believed to be under the rubble, he said.

Residents said one of the homes housed a Hezbollah office.

A raid on Brital last week left seven people dead and wounded 23 people.

Click here for the latest in Mideast Coverage