Everyone could use a few ideas on how to save money around the house. Home depot's dave white has a wide variety of energy efficient products to help you do just that:
Andersen® 3000 Series TruEase® Storm & Screen Door
With heightened awareness of the cost of heating and cooling one's home, adding a storm door is a simple way to help reduce energy costs.
Energy efficiency points:
• Unlimited glass panel positioning allows you to improve ventilation and welcome a refreshing breeze.
• 1 1/2" thick heavy gauge aluminum construction frame with foam insulation will help improve the insulation in one's home. Beneficial for all seasons — helps to keep the cold out during the winter and the heat out during the summer.
• Double Quad Seal System uses two layers of effective weatherstripping on the bottom, sides and top to help eliminate leaks and drafts.
• Easy one-hand operation allow windows to glide up and down smoothly.
• Easy-tilt windows make cleaning a breeze — no need to remove windows for cleaning.
• Exclusive FlipAway(tm) handle swings out of the way, allowing you to tilt the window without the handle getting in the way.
• Deadbolt with keyed lock is built into the frame.
• Dual closers for smooth, dependable operation.
• Convenient one-touch button holds the door open for hands-free operation.
• TarnishGuard(tm) protection helps keep handles bright and beautiful.
Honeywell 7-Day Programmable Thermostat — $99.00
Programmable thermostats such as the Honeywell 7-Day Programmable Thermostat can save up to four percent of your heating bill for each degree. Set temperatures for the times when someone is typically home to stay comfortable and save energy.
Seal Cracks and Leaks
Energy experts estimate that roughly 21 percent of a home’s energy loss is through windows and doors, and effective air sealing alone can cut energy bills up to 10 percent.
Great Stuff™ Gaps & Cracks insulating foam fills gaps and cracks around pipe entrances, air ducts and electrical outlets, to help save energy and stop drafts.
Caulk to Save Energy
Properly applied, caulk is the least expensive way to preserve the structure of your house and save energy. In combination with weather-stripping, caulk such as Polyseamseal White All Purpose Adhesive Caulk can save enough energy to pay for all the materials you use within one year.
Maytag® Ice20™ French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator
• Maytag is the first in the industry to introduce a French door bottom-freezer refrigerator with a filtered external ice and water dispenser.
• Until now, consumers had to choose between a side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water on the door or a bottom-freezer model that offered wider storage for fresh foods, but no external ice dispenser.
• The Maytag Ice2O™ French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator has everything everyone could ask for — offering the largest fresh food capacity on the market and allowing consumers to get more out of their refrigerator.
• Everything is organized and within convenient reach — ice and water on the door, fresh food at eye level and easy access to food in the bottom freezer.
• Research shows that consumers enter the fresh food section of their refrigerator seven times more often than the freezer section.
• By removing the ice maker in the freezer, storage space in the bottom freezer is maximized and supports the consumer trend of buying in bulk and stocking up at warehouse-type stores.
• An ENERGY STAR®-rated appliance, the Maytag Ice2O French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator also exceeds federal energy-efficiency standards by 15 percent — helping consumers conserve energy and save money.
• With its Electronic-Quad™ Cool System, external controls with digital readouts allow independent adjustment of the temperatures in the fresh food and freezer compartments, and can be locked. Other electronic features include a Door Alarm to guard against energy loss and food spoilage, Max Cool setting to quickly cool groceries and Vacation Mode to minimize defrost cycles.
Visit www.homedepot.com for more information