AVOIDING ACCIDENTS IN THE FIELD:
— Be aware of holes created by roots of downed trees.
— Keep gun unloaded when climbing over fallen trees or debris.
— Be especially careful when visibility poor.
— Don't use fallen or leaning tree for deer stands.
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GUN SAFETY
1) Treat every firearm as if loaded.
2) Watch muzzle direction of firearms.
3) Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
4) Be sure there's no obstruction in the barrel or action.
5) Unload firearms when not in use.
6) Never point a firearm at something you don't want to shoot.
7) Never scale fences, trees, ditches or logs with loaded firearms.
8) Never shoot at a flat, hard surface or water.
9) Store firearms and ammunition separately.
10) Avoid alcohol and mood-altering drugs when using firearms.