Tinseltown teen queen Lindsay Lohan has finally 'fessed up to doing drugs — and becoming so bulimic that she couldn't stand the sight of her own skeletal figure.
In an explosive new magazine interview, the freckled "Freaky Friday" star blames her train-wreck teen years on an emotionally destructive dad, killer stress from the cutthroat Hollywood biz, and her heartbreaking bust-up with hunky first-love actor Wilmer Valderrama.
"I was sick ... I had people sit me down and say, 'You're going to die if you don't take care of yourself,' " the star admits in the latest issue of Vanity Fair, which hits newsstands today.
The party-hearty hipster — who was hospitalized a little over a year ago for what she called extreme stress and exhaustion — was admitted to a Miami hospital again Monday night amid a reported severe asthma attack.
Lohan had been in Miami celebrating New Year's Eve at the posh Prive nightclub before she fell ill.
In the Vanity Fair interview — which features alluring, bare-breasted photos of the 19-year-old Long Island native — Lohan reveals:
* She's used drugs "a little" — but quickly insists, "I've gotten that out of my system."
Then, squirming over her sudden public admission to the mag, the star appears flustered when asked if her drugs of choice included cocaine and denies she ever did it.
She adds only, "I don't want people to think that I've done . . . you know what I mean? It's kind of a sore subject."
Vanity Fair said her publicist phoned the mag the next day to try to squelch the confession.
* She suffered from the eating disorder bulimia as recently as last May, forcing herself to throw up and turning a frightening skin-and-bones in the process.
"I was making myself sick," the actress says.
She adds that "Saturday Night Live" guru Lorne Michaels staged an intervention after she appeared on the show.
"I just started bawling. I knew I had a problem, and I couldn't admit it," Lohan says.
"I saw that 'SNL" after I did it. My arms were disgusting. I had no arms."
Soon after, she says, a paparazzi photo of her in a "great whore's dress" popped up in a gossip tabloid and drilled the point home.
"I looked at it and was like, 'Jesus Christ.'
"My sister, she was scared," the actress says. "My brother called me, crying."
Lohan's damage-controlling manager mom, Dina, is quoted as quickly adding, "She took it a little too far, maybe . . . but it wasn't as bad as it looked.
Lohan's confession that she battled bulimia was a far cry from what she had told another interviewer less than a year ago amid growing speculation over her rail-thin figure.
Then, a defiant Lohan insisted, "[The doctor] was like, 'Are you anorexic? Are you making yourself throw up? Are drugs involved?'
"And I was like, 'Are you saying this because you've read it in magazines? Because I don't!' " Lohan said at the time.
* She smothered boyfriend Valderrama to the point of breakup because "I didn't have anyone [else] to go to" with problems.
She openly talks of her attraction to older guys like Johnny Depp, whom she favors because "he's edgy and . . . dirty."
But all she will say about rumored latest love Jared Leto is, "We're great friends."
* She tried to cope with her emotional woes by shopping — once spending $100,000 in one day.
* Finding herself at the end of her rope while writing the song "Confessions of a Broken Heart," she "literally had a breakdown in [a] hotel room" that ended with her sobbing uncontrollably as she frantically called the Nassau County jail to try to talk to her con dad. She says she wound up reaching only her brother — and vowing to quit the biz until she straightened her life out.