CINCINNATI – The FBI offered a $15,000 reward Thursday for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the bombing of a Cincinnati mosque.
No one was injured in the explosions Tuesday evening, and they caused only minor damage, but they could have been deadly if anyone had been nearby, said FBI agent Stanley Borgia.
The devices went off at the entrances of adjoining buildings in the Islamic Association of Cincinnati mosque complex about two hours after prayers ended.
"With Christmas coming up, we wanted to keep the public's attention on this case," FBI spokesman Michael Brooks said in announcing the reward.
He declined to discuss the progress of the investigation but said no one had claimed responsibility.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations also offered a reward of $5,000 for information about the explosions, and more than two dozen civic and religious leaders gathered at the mosque Wednesday to show support for the Islamic community and to denounce the bombing.
An all-faiths prayer vigil was set Thursday night as "a chance for people to offer prayers and support for peace and unity," said Karen Dabdoub, spokeswoman for the Ohio office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.