Join host Brit Hume and FOX's Team Washington weekdays at 6 p.m. ET for "Special Report" — Find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.
• The cost of a hurricane! After a record setting storm season, can we continue to afford the clean up? And will Washington foot the bill? We'll assess Hurricane Wilma's (search) damage and break down the financial and political fallout from the storm tonight on "Special Report."
• President Bush named Ben Bernanke (search), chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, on Monday as his choice to succeed five-term Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. Carl Cameron has the details.
• Plus, two rockets and a car bomb hit the Palestine Hotel (search) in Baghdad today, wounding at least two people and causing considerable damage to the building that houses many foreign journalists. FOX News correspondent Reena Ninan has a report from Baghdad.
• And, the United States today demanded immediate cooperation from Syria with the U.N. investigation of the murder of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri (search) and said: "No more obstruction." James Rosen brings us the latest in the case.
• Then, both Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee (search) are demanding more documents on Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers, including her work as the president's counsel. Brian Wilson has the latest over the Miers’ controversy.
• Also, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald (search) is expected to announce shortly who will be indicted as a result of the two-year investigation into the leak of the identity of an undercover CIA operative. Megyn Kendall takes a look at what might happen in the coming days.
Real journalism: fair and balanced. That's why we're No. 1 — FOX News Channel.
About the Show
Anchored by Washington news veteran Brit Hume, "Special Report with Brit Hume" provides an in-depth look at the day's news and offers a daily topical discussion of political issues impacting the nation.
Hume serves as host to key newsmakers, political pundits and FOX News contributors exchanging views about political matters from taxes and Social Security to international affairs and the political scandal of the day.
Hume brings a historical perspective to the political scene that is rarely rivaled. Born and raised in Washington, D.C., he has covered the policies, procedures and players in the national game called politics for more than 30 years. The Baltimore Sun referred to him as "the very personification of the political establishment."
Each program features a two-minute segment called The Grapevine, which reels off the latest outrageous news nuggets, political poll results and in-the-Beltway gossip that viewers will not see on any other news program. The New York Daily News describes The Grapevine as a must see that, "will make you sound smart around the water cooler… the next day."
FOX News' Team Washington provides live reports from the White House, Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court and key federal agencies. Seasoned correspondents explore political hot spots, races and legislative battles being waged around the nation and abroad.
Hume wraps up each program with a lively roundtable discussion featuring Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, Fred Barnes of The Weekly Standard and Mort Kondracke of Roll Call.
And more people watch FNC's Primetime than all of the cable news competition combined!
— Guests and topics are subject to change