The show will go on for Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter (search), despite a drunken driving conviction that requires him to complete a three-month alcohol treatment program.

Carter will continue to tour with the pop quintet and likely will enter the program in the fall, after the tour has ended, his spokeswoman said Thursday.

An Orange County Superior Court judge ordered Carter to take the treatment program after the 25-year-old singer pleaded guilty earlier this week to drunken driving.

"It absolutely does not affect the ... touring at all," said spokeswoman Juliette Harris.

Carter was pulled over March 5 in downtown Huntington Beach. He was charged with one count of driving under the influence and one count of driving with a blood alcohol level above 0.08, the legal limit.

Under the terms of his plea, Carter was required to pay $1,200 in fines. The judge also placed him on three years' informal probation and restricted his driving privileges for 90 days.

The Backstreet Boys (search), whose hits include "I Want it That Way," "Shape of My Heart" and "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely," recently reunited after four years. Carter, the youngest of the group, released a solo album in 2002.