Aruba Judge to Rule on Lawyers' Requests

An Aruban court was to rule on whether to allow the father and lawyers for three suspects in the Natalee Holloway (search) case to see the young men in jail and the evidence compiled against them.

There were reports that the decisions could come Thursday, but later in the day there were doubts that the rulings would be issued that soon.

Police investigating the 18-year old Alabama student's disappearance made a helicopter survey of the Dutch Caribbean island before dawn Thursday after seizing cars and other items at the home of a Dutch judicial official whose son, Joran Van Der Sloot (search), was with Holloway the night she vanished and was one of the last known people to see her alive.

Van Der Sloot, an honors student at Aruba International School, engaged in romantic activity with the Alabama teen after a night of drinking and dancing, according to his friends who are also in police custody. A lawyer for the boy denies he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance.

Van Der Sloot's father, Paul Van Der Sloot (search), filed a motion allowing him to see his son. Aruban authorities had denied visitation because of the father's status. The father is a wealthy judge-in-training on the island, serving a three-year term on the bench that allows him to hear a limited number of cases.

"When you're a minor you have a right to visitation from your parents. But because of legal concerns, because the father is part of the legal system, that right was not granted in the first instance," said Aruba government spokesman Ruben Trapenberg. Another judge will decide if the boy's father can visit him after the motion is filed.

Lawyers for the other two suspects, brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, also asked a judge to examine elements of the case against their clients. Ruud Oomen, the lawyer representing Deepak Kalpoe, said he filed a motion to force the prosecution to hand over "all the evidence against my client."

The attorney general's office said in a statement the court would rule Thursday on both petitions.

Authorities did not return phone calls seeking information about the helicopter flight. In a statement released late Wednesday, officials said the helicopter would conduct "technical investigations" across the island during the night.

Trapenberg said investigators were making progress.

"They're getting pieces that they need to solve this puzzle, put it together," he told CNBC. "It is a question of national priority for us."

A Changing Story

Van Der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers told police they met Holloway at a night club and drove her to a lighthouse. They were originally released after being questioned by police shortly after the teen disappeared May 30.

They claimed to have dropped Holloway off at her hotel, where they saw a black man in a security guard uniform approach her. That testimony led to the arrest of two former hotel security guards, who were released from custody late Monday.

But authorities may have intentionally let Van Der Sloot and two other men go after initial police questioning so they could be placed under surveillance, FOX News has learned. Sources said Aruban authorities tapped the cell phones of Van Der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers.

The three young men have been in police custody since last Thursday. They have since changed their accounts of what happened at the lighthouse and afterward, with the Kalpoe brothers now saying they left Holloway with Van Der Sloot at the beach and Van Der Sloot saying he was dropped off first and the brothers drove away with Holloway.

Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren that she is convinced the three "absolutely" know where her daughter is. And she believes her daughter is still alive.

"Until God tells me otherwise, Greta, absolutely. I have all the hope and faith and belief that my daughter is alive," Holloway Twitty said.

Holloway's family, friends and locals have continued their own search for the missing teenager.

House Searched

Two white-uniformed investigators from Holland walked through the Van Der Sloot family's one-story, yellow-beige home Wednesday, while others guarded the entranceway. A blue sport utility vehicle and a red Jeep were also towed from the property, which includes an attached apartment where the young man lives.

Officers on the scene would not comment, and police spokesman Edwin Comemencia said he had no information.

Investigators Wednesday afternoon carried out a number of paper bags, loaded them into a car and drove off. Suitcases were also taken from the home. More officers arrived in a police minivan, spoke with a prosecutor outside and went in.

Asked Thursday why it took investigators more than two weeks after Holloway's May 30 disappearance to search the home, Attorney General Caren Janssen said: "You have to build up an investigation. You can't just go in there like a cowboy. You have to give certain direction to investigators."

Janssen, who went into the house with investigators Wednesday, declined to discuss the case, but said the father was not under investigation.

Police also declined to discuss the case. "We are just looking for evidence at the house but have nothing yet," Comemencia said during the search.

Authorities again came up empty-handed Tuesday after searching a swampy beachfront near the location where a female's underwear, used condoms and condom wrappers were found by local teens and reporters.

FBI (search) agents and officers from the Miami-Dade police department brought two bloodhounds to help search that area of tropical vegetation next to the Marriott Hotel, and firefighters pumped water from the site. They gave up their search by nightfall.

An FBI spokeswoman confirmed to FOX News that Aruban officials have not requested more evidence processing at the bureau's lab in Quantico, Va. The FBI had been asked to process what was believed to be blood found in a car belonging to one of the suspects, but after testing, it was determined not to be blood.

Holloway vanished hours before she was expected at the airport to return home after a vacation with 124 classmates and seven chaperones celebrating their high school graduation in Mountain Brook, Ala. Her U.S. passport and packed bags were found in her room.

Security guards "Mickey" John (search) and Abraham Jones (search), the original suspects detained in connection with Holloway's disappearance, were released on Sunday. No one has been charged in the case.

FOX News' Jonathan Serrie, Rick Leventhal, Catherine Herridge and The Associated Press contributed to this report.