A woman injured in the bombing at the Atlanta Olympics (search) has settled her lawsuit against the event's organizing committee, her lawyer said.

The terms of the settlement for Carletta Ash (search), hit by shrapnel in the July 27, 1996, blast, were sealed by the court, attorney Jay Sadd said Monday. The agreement was finalized last week, and the suit becomes the first stemming from the bombing to be settled, he said.

Ash's case had been scheduled to go to trial next week.

The cases of 38 other victims still are pending against the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games and Eric Rudolph (search), who pleaded guilty April 13 to the Centennial Olympic Park bombing and three others in the Atlanta area and Birmingham, Alabama.

Ryan Mock, a lawyer representing the Olympic committee, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Tuesday.

A ruling by the Georgia Supreme Court last year allowed bombing victims to sue the organizers of the Olympics. Although court papers said Rudolph is destitute, the committee has a $100 million insurance policy, Sadd said. The victims argue that inadequate security contributed to the tragedy.

Others who have sued Olympic organizers include the widower and daughter of Alice Hawthorne, the Albany, Georgia, woman who was the only person killed in the park explosion.

Rudolph will get four life sentences without parole for the two-year string of attacks that killed two and injured more than 120.