•Join host Brit Hume and FOX's Team Washington weekdays at 6 p.m. ET for "Special Report" — Find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.
Real journalism: fair and balanced. That's why we're No. 1 — FOX News Channel.
Wednesday, March 23:
Team FOX goes around the world giving you the people, places and politics you need to know — only on “Special Report.”
• Terri Schiavo's parents have asked a federal appeals court for an emergency review of an early morning appellate panel ruling that again rejected Mary and Bob Schindler's request to have their daughter's feeding tube reinserted. Major Garrett has a report, while Julie Banderas takes a look at the protests outside Terri Schiavo’s hospice that resulted in 10 arrests Wednesday.
• President Bush (search) met in Waco, Texas with the leaders of Mexico and Canada where they pledged to broaden cooperation on security and economic issues. Wendell Goler has the details of the meeting.
• How soon is Social Security reform (search) needed? Carl Cameron looks at the newly released report of the Social Security trustees have moved their projection of when the system will go broke up one year, to 2041.
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld (search) continues his Latin American trip with stops in Brazil and Guatemala. Bret Baier has an exclusive report.
• And in Beirut (search), a powerful bomb ripped through a shopping mall killing three people late Tuesday. Can stability be brought to the region with Syria’s withdraw from Lebanon? James Rosen investigates.
• We'll also talk with our all-star panel of FOX News contributors about the Schiavo case and Social Security reform:
Fred Barnes, executive editor of The Weekly Standard
Mort Kondracke, executive editor of Roll Call
Mara Liasson, national political reporter for National Public Radio
About the Show
Anchored by Washington news veteran Brit Hume, "Special Report with Brit Hume" provides an in-depth look at the day's news and offers a daily topical discussion of political issues impacting the nation.
Hume serves as host to key newsmakers, political pundits and FOX News contributors exchanging views about political matters from taxes and Social Security to international affairs and the political scandal of the day.
Hume brings a historical perspective to the political scene that is rarely rivaled. Born and raised in Washington, D.C., he has covered the policies, procedures and players in the national game called politics for more than 30 years. The Baltimore Sun referred to him as "the very personification of the political establishment."
Each program features a two-minute segment called The Grapevine, which reels off the latest outrageous news nuggets, political poll results and in-the-Beltway gossip that viewers will not see on any other news program. The New York Daily News describes The Grapevine as a must see that, "will make you sound smart around the water cooler… the next day."
FOX News' Team Washington provides live reports from the White House, Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court and key federal agencies. Seasoned correspondents, including Carl Cameron, Wendell Goler and Major Garrett, explore political hot spots, races and legislative battles being waged around the nation and abroad.
Hume wraps up each program with a lively roundtable discussion featuring Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, Fred Barnes of The Weekly Standard and Mort Kondracke of Roll Call.
And more people watch FNC's Primetime than all of the cable news competition combined!
— Guests and topics are subject to change