Join host Brit Hume and FOX's Team Washington weekdays at 6 p.m. ET for "Special Report" — Find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.
Real journalism: fair and balanced. That's why we're No. 1 — FOX News Channel.
Thursday, March 17:
Team FOX goes around the world giving you the people, places and politics you need to know — only on “Special Report.”
• Will names be named at the congressional hearing on steroids in baseball? Major Garret has a report on today's testimony from Major League Baseball (search) players and officials.
• President Bush marked a St. Patrick's Day (search), overshadowed by recent setbacks in the Northern Ireland peace process, by pledging to help the Irish people move toward a lasting agreement. Carl Cameron has a report.
• And Bret Baier reports from Amman, Jordan on his trip through the Middle East with Joints Chief of Staff General Richard Myers.
• Plus, James Rosen has details from Secretary Condoleezza Rice’s travels to Afghanistan and Pakistan.
• CIA Director Porter Goss (search) and Defense Intelligence Agency chief, Admiral Lowell Jacoby (search), gave a candid assessment of threats against the United States to members of Congress Thursday; Catherine Herridge has the details.
• The House International Relations Committee hears from a whistleblower that says that his concerns regarding corruption in the U.N. Oil-for-Food program were ignored. Eric Shawn has the details.
• And Brit hears the latest on Capitol Hill’s debate over Social Security from House Ways and Means Chairman Bill Thomas (R-Calif.).
• Plus, we'll also talk with our all-star panel of FOX News contributors about the congressional baseball hearing and other political news of the day:
Fred Barnes, executive editor of The Weekly Standard
Mort Kondracke, executive editor of Roll Call
Mara Liasson, national political correspondent at National Public Radio
About the Show
Anchored by Washington news veteran Brit Hume, "Special Report with Brit Hume" provides an in-depth look at the day's news and offers a daily topical discussion of political issues impacting the nation.
Hume serves as host to key newsmakers, political pundits and FOX News contributors exchanging views about political matters from taxes and Social Security to international affairs and the political scandal of the day.
Hume brings a historical perspective to the political scene that is rarely rivaled. Born and raised in Washington, D.C., he has covered the policies, procedures and players in the national game called politics for more than 30 years. The Baltimore Sun referred to him as "the very personification of the political establishment."
Each program features a two-minute segment called The Grapevine, which reels off the latest outrageous news nuggets, political poll results and in-the-Beltway gossip that viewers will not see on any other news program. The New York Daily News describes The Grapevine as a must see that, "will make you sound smart around the water cooler… the next day."
FOX News' Team Washington provides live reports from the White House, Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court and key federal agencies. Seasoned correspondents, including Carl Cameron, Wendell Goler and Major Garrett, explore political hot spots, races and legislative battles being waged around the nation and abroad.
Hume wraps up each program with a lively roundtable discussion featuring Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, Fred Barnes of The Weekly Standard and Mort Kondracke of Roll Call.
And more people watch FNC's Primetime than all of the cable news competition combined!
— Guests and topics are subject to change