NEW YORK – Martha Stewart (search) is not too happy with her latest style accessory — her ankle bracelet clashes with her clothing and makes it hard for her to exercise.
In an hourlong online chat with her fans, Stewart answered a handful of questions out of more than 5,000 submitted. Along the way, the just-released-from jail Domestic Diva said:
* The transmitter on the ankle bracelet she is required to wear "is somewhat uncomfortable and irritating. It makes exercising difficult. I wish it were removable, but it is not. I am not allowed to take it off at any time and I am not allowed while I am home to have any padding under the strap. I hope none of you ever have to wear one."
* She won't use Donald Trump's (search) famous line, "You're fired!" on her "Apprentice" spin-off.
* Said her first meal she made when she got home was "a batch of scrambled eggs and cottage cheese for my doggies."
* She doesn't plan on writing a prison memoir. "But when I do write my autobiography, it will surely contain a section relating to the last five months," she said. For now, though, fans will have to be satisfied with an "amazing baking book" that she's working on.
* That prison was restful. "I was in a pretty good mood most of the time. I was able to get some rest. I did a lot of really good reading and met some very interesting women."
* That she foraged for wild greens on the prison grounds. "Nothing is more rewarding than finding ramps in the early spring."
* That she most missed "petting my cats and cuddling my dogs."