The Fulton County Courthouse (search) is the third to occupy the same location in downtown Atlanta, having been built in 1914 to replace two earlier courthouses.
It was designed by architect A. Ten Eyck Brown (search) in the neoclassical revival/Beaux Arts style typical of American civic architecture of the period.
Adjoining the courthouse are the Fulton County Government Center (search), built in 1989, and the Fulton County Justice Center Tower, built in the mid-1990s.
Source: Carl Vinson Institute of Government, University of Georgia