RAMALLAH, West Bank – Israeli troops imposed a curfew early Saturday on a West Bank (search) village, the apparent home of a homicide bomber who earlier attacked a Tel Aviv night club, Palestinian security officials said.
The attack, just before midnight Friday, killed four Israelis, wounded dozens more and ended several weeks of calm following an unofficial cease-fire declared by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (search) and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas (search) on Feb. 8 at a summit in Egypt.
Palestinian security officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that troops had imposed a curfew on the village of Deir al Ghusun (search), just north of the town of Tulkarem, adding that the bomber was believed to be from the village.
However, the bomber's identity was not confirmed.
The Israeli military had no immediate comment. Israel earlier this month said it would no longer destroy the homes of homicide bombers — a practice once common — because a review by the army concluded it didn't deter attackers but inflamed hatred.
There was no official claim of responsibility for Friday's attack. Palestinian officials and militant leaders said the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah had recruited a Palestinian to carry out the attack.