California Student Dies in Frat Hazing

Authorities say a California State University (search) student has died of "water intoxication" during hazing.

Matthew Carrington died Wednesday while drinking water from a five-gallon jug and doing exercises at the Chi Tau house near the CSU campus in Chico.

An autopsy showed death was triggered by hyponatremia (search), a condition in which excess water in the body causes sodium levels in the blood to drop. Water is then absorbed into the blood and fluid builds up in the brain.

The case is still under investigation. There's been no decision on whether to file charges.