Tune in for a special Thanksgiving edition of "The Big Story"...
• Over the past year, we've spent a lot of time talking about politics, foreign affairs, Iraq, the War on Terror — and the occasional crime story...
But we'll begin by giving thanks to our troops overseas — defending freedom far from home — with Oliver North, host of "War Stories."
• According to author Christopher Hitchens, there's an old saying — that one's life is not complete until you've tasted love, poverty and war... we'll discuss.
• About 51 percent of voters are thankful President Bush is staying in office.
Joining us to discuss will be Democratic strategist Richard Aborn and radio talk show host Michael Reagan.
• For all our talk about the Constitution — does our government still follow its own rules?
Judge Andrew Napolitano, FNC senior judicial analyst, will weigh in.
• Our allies in NATO are agreeing to send military instructors to Iraq. They'll train Iraqi officers at a military academy near Baghdad.
NATO's secretary general talked about the plan with President Bush a few days after the election and after that, he sat down with our own Heather Nauert. See what he had to say.
• When you're serving overseas, it helps to know there are people back home thinking about you.
The "My Soldier" program lets you adopt a soldier as a pen pal. It was started by Sgt. Juan Salas. He served in Iraq, and is now a student at Manhattanville College.
We'll talk to him and Manhattanville College President Richard Berman.
• There's nothing aristocratic about murder...
Tom Toolan (search) was arraigned this week in criminal court on Nantucket, an island resort off the coast of Massachusetts.
The former Wall Street executive is accused of murdering his high society girlfriend — a big city crime shattering the atmosphere of a bygone era.
FNC's Douglas Kennedy will have the story.
All of that... and more on "The Big Story With John Gibson" at 5 p.m. ET.
Note: All guests and topics subject to change
About the Show
Veteran newscaster John Gibson gets to the core of the most salient issues facing America today as host of FNC's hard-hitting primetime show The Big Story with John Gibson, airing Monday through Friday at 5 p.m. ET, with expert legal analysis from Judge Andrew Napolitano and in-depth interviews and reports from correspondent Heather Nauert.