I lost 20 pounds on a low-carb diet. Recipes like this are
the reason why I stuck to it.
• Grilled Better Burgers (click here for recipe)
• Bufala mozzarella slices (buffalo mozzarella)
• Baby arugula
• Roasted asparagus (see basic recipe below)
• Roasted red and yellow peppers (see basic recipe below)
• Pesto (See basic recipe)
• Roasted garlic mayo
Cook bufala cheeseburger and put over bed of a baby arugula on plate.
Top with roasted peppers.
Place pesto and roasted garlic mayo on top of peppers.
Served with a side of grilled asparagus topped with pesto.
Peel asparagus stems with potato peeler.
Boil in water 2-3 minutes.
Let them drain and dry.
Add salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Cook on grill for 2-3 minutes (until tender).
ROASTED RED AND YELLOW PEPPERS
• 2 large yellow bell peppers
• 2 large red bell peppers
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
• 1 peeled clove of garlic
• Extra-virgin olive oil to coat peppers
• Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Drizzle 1Tbs olive oil over peppers and season with salt and pepper.
Place peppers on a large sheet pan, (cookie sheet) bake peppers, turning every 5 minutes, until skins are charred, about 25 minutes.
Transfer peppers to a paper bag or a bowl covered with plastic wrap and let steam, until cool.
Peel peppers and discard skins, stems, seeds and ribs.
Cut peppers into thin strips and place them in a bowl.
Add garlic clove, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Note: Do not wash peppers after cooking, they have a great natural oil on them.
• 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
• 2 cups fresh basil leaves (washed very well)
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (parmesan cheese)
• Pinch salt (sea or kosher preferable)
• Half cup extra-virgin olive oil plus and more for storing
To make pesto:
In a food processor or mortar and pestle place the pine nuts, basil, garlic, cheese and salt and process or grind until it forms a paste.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil in running food processor or stirring pestle in mortar.
Note: Store pesto topped with oil in refrigerator.
ROASTED GARLIC MAYO
• 2 tablespoons roasted garlic paste (see below)
• 4 tablespoons store-bought mayonnaise
• 8 large Garlic cloves with skin on
• Fresh thyme sprigs
• Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Add Garlic cloves to a sheet of aluminum foil.
Add a few thyme sprigs and drizzle honey over garlic.
Wrap up corners of foil forming a chimney.
Place filled foil into a pre-heated, 350 degree oven until garlic has greatly softened (about an hour).
Let garlic cool and squeeze the cloves out of the skin.
Use a fork to smash into paste.
Add smashed garlic into the mayonnaise.