The attorney for the woman accusing NBA star Kobe Bryant (search) of rape has asked a judge to stop posting court filings online, saying inadvertent leaks have put the woman's safety at risk.

Nearly 400 documents have been posted on a state court Web site. The practice started last year as a way to ease the pressure on court clerks who were inundated with requests for copies of documents in the case.

In January, the 20-year-old accuser was named in one of the online postings; the document was quickly removed and reposted with the name blacked out.

Then last month, a clerk accidentally e-mailed transcripts of a two-day closed-door hearing to The Associated Press and six other media organizations. The hearing concerned the relevance of the woman's sex life, and how much money she has received from a state victims' compensation fund.

In a court filing released Tuesday, attorney John Clune urged District Judge Terry Ruckriegle (search) to not allow as evidence any of the testimony from the hearing because it was accidentally e-mailed.

"Although the victim remains confident that this court will be unaffected by improper motives, the appearance still remains," Clune said.

Ruckriegle threatened media organizations with contempt if they published any of the information; none have.

Clune said the online postings have caused "irreparable" harm to his client, who has received death threats. He said the court should return to making photocopies of documents.

"The court's interest in protecting victims' rights as well as personal safety must come before mere convenience to the media," he said.

Bryant, 25, has pleaded not guilty to felony sexual assault (search). If convicted, he faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation, and a fine up to $750,000. The trial begins Aug. 27.