Bootlegger Sells Pirated Movies in Hollywood

A dim-witted movie bootlegger better think next time about where to sell illicit DVDs.

The man was arrested Thursday outside Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles (search) in the heart of Hollywood, reports KABC-TV of Los Angeles.

Two FBI agents were heading to lunch at the restaurant when they saw the man selling DVDs in the parking lot.

Among the titles allegedly on sale: "Dawn of the Dead," "The Passion of the Christ," "Starsky and Hutch," "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" and "Barbershop 2," all currently in theaters.

The DVD hawker allegedly told Agent Dennis Webster movies were $10 each or three for $25, and said he could get almost any title.

The restaurant is just off Sunset Boulevard and close to the famed intersection of Hollywood and Vine.

Brotherly Love Defeated by Six Days on the Road

Two brothers got so sick of each other during a cross-country road trip that one had stabbed the other by the end of it, reports the Centre Daily of State College, Pa.

Iniko Holloway, 26, admitted to a judge at a preliminary hearing Wednesday that he'd been "antagonizing" his 28-year-old brother, William, every day since they'd left their home in Seagoville, Texas.

"We'd been arguing the whole trip," Iniko Holloway said. "I started getting cabin fever, you know, cursing and nagging at him. While he was driving, I was throwing stuff at him."

The brothers had been heading to Breezewood, Pa., to drop off a tractor-trailer load.

They were almost at their destination March 16 when William Holloway decided he'd had enough. He pulled the truck over and ordered his brother out.

Iniko refused. They started brawling and William, as Iniko told it, "popped me in the leg with a little blade."

Passing police officers saw Iniko hobbling along the road and arrested William, despite Iniko's protests.

The judge dismissed a charge of aggravated assault against William Holloway, but kept a charge of simple assault.

He also let William Holloway out of jail after Iniko Holloway asked him to "let them go home."

— Thanks to Out There reader Teresa M.

Cell Phones and Trains Don't Mix

A British train engineer overshot a station by a mile because he was talking on his cell phone, reports the London Sun.

The unnamed engineer was driving a train carrying several people from the city of Norwich southwest to London. He only got off the phone when his automatic train-protection system alerted him that he'd missed his last stop.

"There was a real potential for a catastrophic incident," admitted a spokesman for Anglia Railways (search). "The use of a mobile phone by the driver whilst the train is in motion is strictly prohibited."

But an anonymous source told the newspaper that "in the past drivers have been encouraged to use mobile phones while working, which is an accident waiting to happen."

Britain has seen a number of serious train accidents in recent years, including one in 1999 that killed 31 people in west London. Critics say the privatization of the formerly nationalized railway system is to blame.

Cell Phones and Trucks Don't Mix Either

CLARKS FERRY, Pa. (AP) — A Canadian trucker reaching to answer his cell phone drove off a highway bridge in central Pennsylvania, surviving an 60-foot plunge into the Susquehanna River (search), state police said.

A firefighter driving nearby watched the tractor-trailer separate in mid-flight, the loaded truck splitting open as it landed on an entrance ramp below the highway. He was stunned to find the trucker alive when he reached the river.

"I thought we'd be doing a body recovery," Marty Hoffman, a volunteer firefighter with the Halifax Fire Department, said after the Wednesday afternoon crash in Dauphin County.

Driver Darren Marceau, 25, of Cambridge, Ontario, had crawled out of his submerged cab and was making his way up the river bank as witnesses climbed down to reach him.

Marceau was in good condition at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (search) Wednesday night.

His westbound rig had plunged off of the Clarks Ferry Bridge on Routes 22/322 at about 3 p.m. The melee startled a hiker on the nearby Appalachian Trail and a state transportation worker two cars behind the trucker.

According to state police, Marceau drifted off the road as he tried to answer a cell phone call.

He was bleeding, wet and somewhat dazed afterward, clutching his watch like a security blanket. He knew the date but was not fully aware of what had happened, said Hoffman, who tended to him until more help arrived.

Neither Do Cell Phones and Topless Maids

WEST POINT, Utah (AP) — A woman has accused a northern Utah city of trying to sweep her topless maid business out of town.

The West Point City Council has revoked the home business license of Dee Dee Derian, saying she misused it by sometimes running the business from a cell phone outside her home.

The license allowed her to do scheduling and bookkeeping for Black Rose Maids (search), her topless maid service, which also operates in Arizona and California.

West Point officials say they are bound by law to prevent Derian from operating the business if it violates her license, and the decision had nothing to do with the nature of her business.

Derian, 44, accused the city of discriminating against her because she's not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the dominant religion in Utah.

Since January, she has been operating without a license, and she filed a lawsuit this month accusing the city of wrongfully failing to renew it.

Derian received national attention in 2001 when her neighbors complained about her doing yard work in a bikini. Prosecutors declined to press charges after determining she hadn't broken the law.

Finally, a Good Cell Phone Story

HERMITAGE, Pa. (AP) — A woman fed up with obscene phone calls tracked down the offender and cornered him as he made yet another call from a public phone booth, police said.

The 26-year-old Sharpsville woman received the calls regularly on Friday and Saturday between midnight and 3 a.m., police said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had caller ID and asked the phone company to trace the number, police said.

The calls were traced to a phone booth in Hermitage, about two miles away, police said.

The phone company, at her request, forwarded calls on Friday to her cell phone.

The woman and three of her cousins staked out the phone booth and around 1:30 a.m., a former neighbor arrived and made a call, police said. The woman's cell phone rang, police said.

Family members prevented the man from leaving until police arrived.

Fred Marini, 43, of Hermitage, was charged Wednesday with harassment and stalking.

Marini has an unlisted phone number and could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Compiled by's Paul Wagenseil.

Got a good "Out There" story in your hometown? We'd like to know about it. Send an e-mail, with a Web link (we need to authenticate these things), to