Veteran newscaster John Gibson gets to the core of the most salient issues facing America today as host of FNC's hard-hitting primetime show The Big Story with John Gibson, airing Monday through Friday at 5 p.m. ET, with expert legal analysis from Judge Andrew Napolitano and in-depth field reports from correspondent Heather Nauert.
Iraq’s new governing council will be a big step toward democracy, giving local leaders some real executive power
• Colin Soloway, Newsweek reporter
Cynics will tell you that the president's trip to Africa is all about oil, but African democracy and security also play major roles in U.S. foreign policy
• Gregory Copley, president of the International Strategic Studies Association
The mop-up work in Iraq involves dangerous street fighting, with the enemy ducking in and out of buildings and crowds
• Retired Marine Col. Gary Anderson
He started out as an afterthought, but Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean has everyone’s attention now
• David Yepsen, political columnist for the Des Moines Register
Chicago Cubs manager Dusty Baker says players with dark skin are better at playing ball on hot days. Should he be feeling the heat for his comment?
• Harry Edwards, former UC-Berkeley professor
A convicted felon says the Pledge of Allegiance prejudiced his jury
• Judge Andrew Napolitano, FNC senior judicial analyst
Be sure to tune into The Big Story with John Gibson ... weekdays at 5 p.m. ET.