Veteran newscaster John Gibson gets to the core of the most salient issues facing America today as host of FNC's hard-hitting primetime show The Big Story with John Gibson, airing Monday through Friday at 5 p.m. ET, with expert legal analysis from Judge Andrew Napolitano and in-depth field reports from correspondent Heather Nauert.
The split is widening between the U.S. and some of our European allies. Three of the 19 members of NATO are effectively vetoing any preparations to defend Iraq's neighbor Turkey if there's a war. Is the veto pushing NATO toward irrelevance?
• Richard Burt, senior adviser to the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
• Rob Pollack, senior editorial writer at The Wall Street Journal
We have seen it before: Saddam Hussein stalling for time in the face of military action, and he's doing it again. The White House calls it "cheat and retreat"
• Con Coughlin, author of Saddam: King of Terror and executive editor of the London Sunday Telegraph
The Patriot Act passed by Congress in the weeks after the Sept. 11 attacks gives federal agencies sweeping new powers to stop terrorism in the planning. Now Attorney General John Ashcroft is preparing a sequel — a Patriot Act "two". Already the debate is white-hot, with critics arguing that the new law would be an unnecessary assault on our civil liberties
• Judge Andrew Napolitano, FNC senior judicial analyst
Is the media really liberal? A new book argues that virtually all American news and opinion media is conservative
• Eric Alterman, author of What Liberal Media?
Those child sex abuse charges filed against Michael Jackson 10 years ago, then hushed up, are now coming to light. The allegations were spelled out in a lawsuit that Jackson settled for $20 million
• Bill McCuddy, FNC entertainment editor
Be sure to tune into The Big Story with John Gibson ...
weekdays at 5 p.m. ET.
Note: All guests and topics subject to change