1. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Participants must be at least 18 years old and residents of the United States of America.
2. Fox News Network, L.L.C. ("Fox") will begin accepting only e-mail entries Friday, at 9:00pm (EST), provided a "Fox News $50" question is posted in that week’s "Balance Sheet" e-mail newsletter as forwarded by Fox to subscribers of the "Balance Sheet" ("Subscriber") beginning October 18, 2002 for the next ten (10) consecutive weeks ending December 20, 2002. E-mails cannot be accepted earlier than 9:00pm (EST) on the Friday immediately following that week's "Balance Sheet" containing the "Fox News $50" question. One entry per household.
3. To enter by e-mail, send your "Fox News $50" answer along with your name and home address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fox is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries. All such e-mails will be disqualified.
4. Beginning at 9:00pm (EST) each Friday, a "Fox News $50" question will be posted in that week's "Balance Sheet", and continuing until no later than 11:59pm (EST), the next Thursday, the first Subscriber e-mail received by Fox at the e-mail address described herein with the correct answer will be declared the winner. If the first Subscriber e-mail received with the correct answer does not have the required contact information listed in Paragraph 3 above, the next Subscriber e-mail received with the correct answer and required contact information will be declared the winner. This process will continue until a winner is declared. In the event no eligible entry with the correct answer is received by the deadline described in this Paragraph 4, Fox may, in its sole discretion, award the Prize to the next week's "Fox News $50" winner.
5. PRIZES: Fox will send the winner a fifty dollar ($50.00) gift certificate which may be used toward any purchase from the Fox News Shop accessible from the www.foxnews.com web site (the "Prize") within thirty (30) days of the winner being declared.
6. The odds of winning are determined by how quickly Subscribers submit their answers and the number of entries received.
7. No substitution, transfer or assignment of the Prize is allowed. The Prize is not transferable for cash. All Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes.
8. Winners agree that Fox, its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, assigns and licensees, advertising and promotion agencies and the employees of each shall have no liability in connection with any tampering, hacking, computer virus, bugs, worms, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, with the acceptance and use of the Prize, including liability for personal injury (including death or dismemberment) or property damage.
9. Winners agree that their names, likenesses and voices may be used by Fox for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation.
10. Employees of Fox, its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, assigns and licensees, advertising and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible.
11. Fox reserves sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning the "Fox News $50" questions and answers.
12. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest by in no event attorneys' fees. Participants shall be bound by these Official Rules.
13. To obtain the name of the Winners, as well as a copy of the rules, send a request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Viewer Services Contest" c/o Fox News Channel, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036.