Whitney's 911 Call

Bad-boy singer Bobby Brown was rushed to a New Jersey hospital yesterday with pop-diva wife Whitney Houston at his side in the ambulance after she made a frantic predawn call to 911.

"He's fine," Houston's spokeswoman, Nancy Seltzer, said, adding that the "mind-boggling" heat and humidity got to Brown, who had put in long hours in a recording studio on the grounds of the couple's Mendham estate. 

Mendham Township cops said they got a 911 call at about 3 a.m., saying that a man was having a seizure and needed help. 

When cops and the ambulance arrived at the house, Houston met them and took them inside. 

"Whitney did what any wife would do and took her husband to the hospital," Seltzer said, noting that Brown was not admitted and spent only about 90 minutes at Morristown Memorial Hospital's emergency room. 

"He was literally working nonstop for three to four days recording his new album. He was getting in the groove" and wasn't prepared for the brutal heat, she said. 

"He hadn't been getting enough fluid, and basically, he was lightheaded," the spokeswoman said. 

While in the ER, Brown, 32, refused to provide blood and urine samples, sources said. 

"He was feeling better by the time he got there and he didn't feel it was necessary," Seltzer said. 

She said Brown is "going to get some rest and go back to recording." 

Brown's brother, Tommy, also showed up at the ER and gave the hospital information about his brother, sources said. 

A hospital spokesman refused to provide any details, citing patient confidentiality. 

The sour note came just days after the Grammy-winning Houston — who turns 38 today — nailed a new multi-album, long-term recording contract with Arista records for more than $100 million. 

And it came more than a year after Brown cooled his heels in a Florida jail for 26 days for violating probation on a 1996 drunken-driving charge by failing to take a drug test. 

That episode dates to his August 1996 arrest after the singer smashed his wife's Porsche Carrera into a signpost in Hollywood, Fla. His blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit, cops said. 

He was granted probation and ordered to take regular drug tests. 

Authorities said Brown tested positive for cocaine in April 1999 and later refused to take any more tests or check in with his Jersey probation officer. 

He was arrested in May 2000 at Newark Airport — returning from a Bahamas vacation with Houston — and immediately flown to Fort Lauderdale to face the music. 

On Jan. 11, 2000, a security guard at a Hawaii airport found a half-ounce of marijuana in Houston's handbag, cops said. 

In November, Hawaii prosecutors dismissed a pot-possession charge in return for her promise to complete a probation-like program. 

US Weekly reported last year that Houston's family begged her to go into rehab, but she refused.

For more news, entertainment and sports coverage, click here for NYPost.com.