EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings center Pat Elflein has a left ankle injury that will require offseason surgery.
More Vikings coverage
- Vikings C Elflein to undergo offseason ankle surgery
- StaTuesday: Ranking Vikings coach Mike Zimmer
- Vikings Snap Counts: Thielen guts it out vs. Eagles
- Vikings moving forward after crushing defeat in Philadelphia
- Giants hire Vikings OC Shurmur as head coach
Coach Mike Zimmer confirmed Tuesday that Elflein will need a procedure done on the ankle he injured in the team's loss at Philadelphia in the NFC championship game. Elflein was wearing a walking boot after the game. The rookie from Ohio State, drafted in the third round, produced a solid debut to help the Vikings make significant improvements on the offensive line in 2017.
Vikings left guard Nick Easton broke his right ankle at Green Bay in the second-to-last game of the regular season and also needed surgery.