The puck dropped on the Minnesota Wild's 2017-18 season (ok, preseason), and the Wildopened itup in a big way: a 3-2 shootout win over the Winnipeg Jets.
More Wild coverage
- Wild open preseason with 3-2 shootout win
- Wild agree to 2-year extension with captain Mikko Koivu
- Wild training camp begins, minus Parise
- Wild agree to terms with Foligno as training camp begins
- FOX Sports North, Wild announce 2017-18 telecast schedule
Ryan Malone was the hero, scoring the game-winning goal in a shootout and boosting Minnesota to a 1-0 preseason record.
Down 1-0 in the first period, Charlie Coyle redirected a pass from newcomer Tyler Ennis into the net to tie the game.
Zack Mitchell scored the other regulation goal, and Niklas Svedberg saved 17 shots he faced in the first two periods.
Steve Michalek took over in net for the Wild in the third period, and he made 19 combined saves before adding another three in the shootout.
NEXT UP: Minnesota hosts the Jets on Sept. 21 at the Xcel Energy Center.