Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- HOUSTON - League MVP Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons square off against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 51. Game starts 6:30 p.m.
- Our spot coverage of Super Bowl 51 will include The Latest, sidebars on both teams, entertainment, the MVP and key plays, a column and other developments.
More from FoxSports
- SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Byeong Hun An took the lead into the final round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, with the event expected to shatter the weekly attendance record of 618,365 set last year.
- DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Sergio Garcia shoots a final-round 3-under-par 69 to win the Dubai Desert Classic after holding the tournament lead since the opening round.
- BOSTON - Paul Pierce plays his final game in Boston when the Los Angeles Clippers visit the Boston Celtics. Game starts 2 p.m.
- GREENSBORO, N.C. - No. 3 Kansas' win against No. 2 Baylor looked impressive. Then both teams lost at home to unranked opponents over the weekend, a reminder that even the country's best teams are going to have a fight their way to the finish line in the regular season.
- GREENSBORO, N.C. - No. 12 North Carolina and No. 20 Notre Dame meet in a game postponed a day and moved off the Chapel Hill campus because of a water shortage there. Game starts 1 p.m.
- STORRS, Conn. - The top-ranked UConn women look to extend their winning streak to 97 games when they host Tulsa, a team the Huskies beat by 40 points in Oklahoma last month. Game starts 1 p.m.
- WASHINGTON - Jeff Carter and the Los Angeles Kings look for their sixth consecutive win when they visit the NHL-leading Washington Capitals. Game starts noon.