Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Thursday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- ARLINGTON, Texas - Kirk Cousins and Washington face rookie Dak Prescott and Dallas in the most traditional of Thanksgiving rivalries: Cowboys-Redskins. Dallas is going for a 10th straight victory. Game starts 4:30 p.m.
- INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts ask backup quarterback Scott Tolzien to turn things around against the Pittsburgh Steelers as both teams try to stay in the playoff hunt. But the Colts will be without Andrew Luck and the Steelers have won the last three in this series. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
More from FoxSports
- DETROIT - The Detroit Lions (6-4) are playing in a significant game on Thanksgiving for a change, hosting the Minnesota Vikings (6-4) in a matchup of first-place teams in the NFC North. Game starts 12:30 p.m.
- NBC was facing an awful Sunday night game between the Patriots and Jets before the NFL stepped in and flexed the Chiefs-Broncos AFC West matchup to prime time. The winner can set its sights on a division crown, while the loser might have to think wild card.
- COLLEGE STATION, Texas - No. 22 Texas A&M and No. 25 LSU look to cap the regular season with a win. A victory by the Aggies could push them into a New Year's day bowl, while the Tigers hope a win will help interim coach Ed Orgeron keep the job. Game starts 7:30 p.m.
- COLUMBUS, Ohio - Besides having national playoff implications, this year's Ohio State vs. Michigan game is full of questions, story lines and intriguing matchups. Most of those answers will become clear Saturday after No. 2 Ohio State and No. 3 Michigan tangle in Ohio Stadium in the 2016 version of the storied rivalry.
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama is bringing a formidable, aggressive defense into the Iron Bowl, as usual. The twist: Now, Auburn can make the same claim. The 16th-ranked Tigers have the program's best defense in years coming into Saturday's showdown with the top-ranked Crimson Tide.
- PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - After holding off Old Dominion in overtime, tenth-ranked Louisville gets about 14 hours to prepare for its game (2:30 p.m.) against Wichita State in the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. In the other semifinals game, No. 20 Baylor meets No. 24 Michigan State (noon).
- LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - No. 11 Gonzaga faces Quinnipiac (6:30 p.m.) and No. 21 Iowa State faces Indiana State (12:30 p.m.) in the first round of the AdvoCare Invitational at Walt Disney World.
- FULLERTON, Calif. - No. 14 UCLA plays Portland in its opening game at the Wooden Legacy, named for the late Bruins coach who won a record 10 NCAA championships. Game starts 11 p.m.
- ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg set the tone for Sunday's title decider by refusing, when asked, to shake hands at the pre-race news conference in Abu Dhabi. Hamilton, a three-time F1 champion, stands on the verge of conceding his title to his Mercedes teammate.