Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- Three notable Top 25 college football games: No. 8 Oklahoma at No. 10 West Virginia (8 p.m.); No. 21 Florida at No. 16 LSU (1 p.m.); and No. 20 Washington State at No. 12 Colorado (3:30 p.m.).
- HOMESTEAD, Fla. - Jimmie Johnson has a chance to win a record-tying seventh championship Sunday, a milestone reached only by Hall of Famers Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty.
More from FoxSports
- The Miami Dolphins have climbed back into the AFC wild-card race. On Sunday, they are the first opponent for Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff, the top overall pick in April's draft.
- UNCASVILLE, Conn. - No. 1 Duke, coming off loss to Kansas, plays Penn State in the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament (12:30 p.m.). No. 21 Rhode Island faces No. 24 Cincinnati (3:30 p.m.).
- LONDON - Top-ranked Andy Murray plays Milos Raonic, and Novak Djokovic faces Kei Nishikori in the semifinals of the ATP finals. If Murray and Djokovic win, they'll meet in a showdown for both the title and the year-end No. 1 ranking.
- MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin's anti-doping troubleshooter insists Russia's problems in this regard are nothing more than a ''glitch.'' Vitaly Smirnov, 81, has come out of retirement to play down accusations of state-sponsored cheating.
- ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. - Canadian rookie Mackenzie Hughes has a two-shot lead over fellow rookie C.T. Pan going into the third round of the RSM Classic.
- NAPLES, Fla. - Needing to win to take the player of the year award, Lydia Ko takes a three-stroke lead into the third round of the LPGA Tour's season-ending CME Group Tour Championship.
- MANCHESTER, England - Arsenal, on Olivier Giroud's 89th-minute goal, draws 1-1 against Manchester United in a game between Premier League rivals and heavyweights.
- MADRID - Spanish league leader Real Madrid tries to end a six-game winless streak against Atletico Madrid in this great city rivalry.