Jay Cutler's leadership came into question earlier this week when two unnamed Bears players told Bleacher Report that most of the locker room had given up on the veteran quarterback after the Chicago Bears' lopsided loss the Bucs.

Cutler denied the report Thursday, questioning the validity of the sources, one of whom said Cutler's preparation for the loss was "truly embarrassing."

"Unnamed source, I'm guessing?" Cutler asked on Thursday, via ESPN. "The source could be a lot of people. It could be a made-up source. It could actually be guys in there. If people actually start putting their names on it, we can have a discussion about it."

More from FoxSports

Cutler's preparation might be in question, but his performance Sunday is not. The 33-year-old completed 16 of 30 attempts for 182 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.

Chicago offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains came to his quarterback's defense, pinning the loss on the team -- not just on Cutler.

"I didn't see that in his preparation," Loggains said. "But obviously, the way we played, I don't think any of us were prepared. We need to do a better job coaching. We need to do a better job of executing plays."

Cutler has played in just four games this season after suffering a thumb injury in Week 2. The Bears are 1-3 in games he's started.