Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- RIO DE JANEIRO - Five days before the opening of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, IOC President Thomas Bach holds a news conference that is expected to be dominated by the Russian doping scandal and the final preparations for South America's first games. News conference underway.
- SPRINGFIELD, N.J. - The third round of the rain-delayed PGA Championship is finally over and second-round co-leader Jimmy Walker holds a one-shot lead over defending champion Jason Day.
More from FoxSports
- CLEVELAND - Serious about winning it all this season, the Cleveland Indians acquire left-handed reliever Andrew Miller from the New York Yankees in exchange for four players.
- CLEVELAND - A person familiar with the situation says Milwaukee Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy has blocked his proposed trade to the Cleveland Indians.
- HOUSTON - He was the first player Jerry Colangelo ever spoke to about joining a new U.S. national team program and now he's the last one still standing. Carmelo Anthony may never win an NBA title, but he's on the verge of becoming men's basketball's most decorated Olympian and seemingly securing his spot in the Hall of Fame.
- NEW YORK - The US Olympic women's team plays its final exhibition game when the Americans take on rival Australia at Madison Square Garden. Game starts 4 p.m.
- TORONTO - The Blue Jays and Orioles play for first place in the AL East. Toronto won the first two games of this three-game series to take a half-game lead over Baltimore and give the Orioles five straight losses since ending a five-game winning streak. Game starts 1:07 p.m.
- CHICAGO - Mariners ace Felix Hernandez (5-4, 3.45) hopes to get back on track in a primetime game against the Cubs. Left-hander Brian Matusz will be called up from Triple-A Iowa to start for Chicago, giving Kyle Hendricks and the rest of Chicago's rotation an extra day of rest. Game starts 8:08 p.m.
- LONG POND, Pa. - With heavy rain hitting the track, Pocono Raceway hopes to avoid its second Monday race of the season. Martin Truex Jr. sits on the pole for the 400-mile race. Race starts 1:15 p.m.
- OCEANPORT, N.J. - Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist gets a chance to avenge the only loss of his career when he meets up with Preakness winner Exaggerator and four others in the $1 million Haskell Invitational. Post time 5:49 p.m.