Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- LONDON - Novak Djokovic is stunned by Sam Querrey in a five-set tiebreaker at Wimbledon, a loss in a rain-delayed third-round match that ends any prospects for a calendar-year Grand Slam.
- OMAHA, Neb. - Michael Phelps goes for his third victory, Missy Franklin highlights the backstroke and Katie Ledecky eyes a world record at the U.S. Olympic swim trials. Finals start 7:45 p.m.
More from FoxSports
- EUGENE, Ore. - Two of America's best in track and field - sprinter Justin Gatlin and decathlete Ashton Eaton - begin their bids for Rio at the U.S. Olympic trials.
- BORDEAUX, France - Germany looks to end its eight-match winless streak against Italy in major tournaments in a Euro 2016 quarterfinal. Game starts 3 p.m.
- PARIS - Iceland's stunning performance at the European Championship is masterminded by part-time dentist Heimir Hallgrimsson and manager Lars Lagerback - a two-coach setup that is a rarity in soccer.
- Luol Deng agrees to a $72 million, four-year deal with the Lakers, the AP is told. The defensive forward can also provide solid offense for a team that had the NBA's second-worst record last season.
- SAINTE-MARIE-DU-MONT, France - British rider Mark Cavendish wins a sprint in the crash-marred Tour de France opening stage that finishes on Utah Beach, where Allied troops landed on D-Day in 1944.
- DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Greg Biffle has his first pole since 2012 and leads seven Ford drivers near the front of the field for the Sprint Cup race at Daytona International Speedway. Race starts 7:45 p.m.
- TORONTO - A day after their 19-inning victory on Canada Day, the Cleveland Indians try to extend their franchise-record winning streak to 15 games when they play the Toronto Blue Jays. Game starts 1:07 p.m.
- HOUSTON - Chris Sale (13-2, 2.79 ERA) looks to stretch his major league lead to 14 victories when the Chicago White Sox face the Houston Astros. Game starts 4:10 p.m.
- AKRON, Ohio - Top-ranked Jason Day is in front going into the third round of the Bridgestone Invitational. David Lingmerth is a stroke behind.
- PORTLAND, Ore. - Defending champion Brooke Henderson and Sweden's Suzann Pettersen share the lead entering the third round of the LPGA Cambia Portland Classic.
- NEW YORK - Victor Montagliani, the new president of CONCACAF, knows he will need all the guile he can muster to restore his organization's battered reputation.